Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Special Place in Hell

I just couldn't resist a quick commentary on three people so totally disgusting that I had to create a "special place in hell" post because I can't stop thinking of either situation.  The first involves Pastor Eddie Long, who took such a hateful stance in preaching about the vile nature of homosexuals and how all were condemned to hell is now accused of taking sexual advantage of young men in his parish - after years of grooming them - and convincing them that he was their "spiritual daddy".  Apparently the ticket to heaven involved massages and sex - what an asshole.  Way to use the concept of God as your bully pulpit.

This is yet another "man of God" condemning a way of life that they themselves practice secretly and in a most despicable and predatory manner.  People like Pastor "spiritual daddy" Long add to the prejudice and misinformation that continues to make gays a victim of violence and ridicule and to suffer the denial of basic rights and recognition.

Take candidates #2 and #3 who thought it would be funny to secretly videotape a gay roommate's sexual encounter - who by all accounts was an extremely shy and private person - and then broadcast it on the internet.  They actually tried to do it a second time as well. Tyler Clementi committed suicide three days later.  Why anyone would think something like that was an innocent prank or couldn't possibly end up the way it did is beyond me.  I know that those I mentioned are innocent until proven guilty and that there is more information than what was made available in the news, but I still cannot contain my contempt and total disgust of these three individuals - who, by the way, all appear to be members of minority groups themselves.  You would hope that those who have probably suffered personally from ignorance and prejudice would have the capacity for compassion or at least the restraint from behaving like assholes and hypocrites.


I do not intend to make the Hillbilly Wino blog political, but i was so disgusted as I followed these stories on the news this week that I simply had to mention them.  I also think everyone has the right to their opinions and feelings on the subject - these are simply mine.

Let's hope we don't have to have too many "Special Place in Hell" posts in the future, but in my opinion, these three should get front row seats - in the heated section.

I'm going back to my Sobe water now - Out!

No comments: